X

Navigate / search

Denny Hamlin Sidelined with L1 Compression Fracture

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (March 26, 2013) – Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) driver Denny Hamlin was evaluated today by Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates after suffering an L1 Compression Fracture during an accident on the final lap of Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway.

Dr. Petty determined that Hamlin will not require surgery, but will need time to properly heal, which is estimated around six weeks time. Dr. Petty will make the determination when Hamlin will be able to return to racing this season.

No decision has been made on a replacement driver for Hamlin during his absence from the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

Comments

chad

Bring vickers in the 11 car

Toni Reece

Take care of yourself. It’s heartbreaking to just watch, but your alive and mobile. Enjoy the time with your son! There is a reason for everything!

linda

i thought he had a daughter?

mindy roe

Sending lots of prayers to you&your family!!!just concentrate on getting better we would have you 111% better!!!luv your fan for life james &mindy<3

jackie albarran

sending lots of prayers to you and your family hamlin hope you feel better so you can get back to raceing, luv your fans for life jackie and her family♥

Jeff B.

I am a Matt Kenseth fan so I am new at rooting for JGR. So heal fast and heal well Denny Hamlin so you can help your teammates get that championship this year. I wish you the best.

Jeff B.

Marcia

Denny,
Take care. And, don’t push it. We’ll miss seeing you on the track, but it’s really important you take time to fully heal.

Linda

I am sorry for your injury, and I know what you are going through. I had a SPINAL DECOMPRESSION/ FUSION ON L4 L5 S1 IN 1996 and when I had my fusion I used my OWN BONE for the surgery and not CADAVOR bone and I really regret that decission, its been so many years and I live with CHRONIC BACK PAIN everyday of my life and when I saw you it the wall the other day I could feel it through the T.V.. My prayers are with you fro a SPEEDY RECOVERY and that you have NO LONG TERM PROBLEMS with this. BEST WISHES AND GET WELL SOON, and I think Joey Lagano is a COWARD for doing what he did to you.

traci

Hope you Get to feeling better soon and back to racing. Take this time to heal and spend time with your baby girl.
Best wishes

m^2

He deserved it

linda

wow, thats about as low as anyone could get. nobody deserves this. u should hide under a rock.. Get well Denny the 11 team realy needs you. hope ur feeling better soon

Bailey

Wow, you are the lowest piece of crap so-called “person” in the world! No one deserves to be hurt! I’m a Joey fan, (and honestly I hate Hamlin) but someone who thinks a driver deserves to be hurt, is whats wrong with the world. That all I’m gonna say

MichelleSolem

Sending out prayers for Denny. Prayers for healing. Prayers for pain relief. Prayers for the safety of all drivers.

sandy

get well soon Denny I know what ur going thru

Denise Hall

Praying for you during this time.Get well soon

Vicki Arnold

Thoughts & prayers with you Denny! Wish you a quick recovery!

Martin

Take your time to heal properly even though we all know the competitor in you will be itching to get in a car especially at Martinsville in two weeks where you are always outstanding! Hopefully, we’ll see you back at Darlington six weeks from now in top shape, wins some races and who knows maybe sneaks your way in the Chase through one of the wild cards! Meanwhile, take care of yourself and I am sure all this positive energy coming from all your fans will somehow help you to heal and come back more stronger than ever in that #11 car. Good luck Denny.

Karen

Well said!

Dan Carpenter

Denny and family. Praying that u will get better real soon, u will be miss on the track Denny. U are the man Denny, Get better soon, Your number one fan.
Dan.

CHAD WALTERS

GET WELL SOON DENNY.GONNA MISS YOU AT MARTINSVILLE.

Louie

My prayers are for you Denny you are a great driver I am sorry for what was done to you I hope to see you back on the track soon Be blessed

Joe Farge

We will surely miss you in Martinsville Denny, but your health comes before anything…well wishes from my family to you and yours…Joe

Lila

Yes, you will be missed Denny for sure! But I’d much rather miss you for a few weeks, then forever! Get well, enjoy your new daughter, and when the doc says you’re ready….come back fightin’!

Lin

Denny. It is the pits to see you injured and having to sit out races. Priority is to get your back healed completely. Rest and enjoy the time being a family man and watching your daughter grow-that is truly a winning experience. Will be praying for a speedy and full recovery
You will be missed

Bill Smith

Don’t rush to get back in your car. Rest up and give it time to heal properly. Everyone want’s to watch you race for many more years and win that championship you pro missed Joe!

Amber Bynum

Get Well soon….. praying for you! Lots of <3

Debbie

Take it easy. Get better and live for today and don’t worry about tomorrow.